New Politics has long been one of the voices of the socialist, non-aligned left. Their Winter 2008 addition, partially available online, and fully available through Proquest and Columbia Libraries, offers coverage of Latin America as one of the few regions in the world where neo-liberalism is overtly confronted, challenged, and explicit alternatives are being put forward in concrete and immediate propositions.
- Making Sense of Latin America's "Third Left", Marie Kennedy and Chris Tilly
- Venezuela's PSUV and Socialism from Below, Interview with Orlando Chirino
- Bolivia: Latin America's Experiment in Grassroots Democracy, Nancy Romer (with notes)
- Latin America: A Resurgent Left?, John L. Hammond
- Attack and Burn!, Robert Joe Stout